Friends and neighbours,
On July 26, 2018, Premier Doug Ford and the PC government announced their intention to reduce the number of elected Councillors for the City of Toronto from 47 members to 25. The Premier’s decision to make such a drastic change - in the middle of an election - is anti-democratic and a blatant attack on our beautiful and diverse city.
This was not something Doug Ford campaigned on and his government did not consult people living in Toronto. In fact, this decision wastes tax dollars already spent on an extensive study that determined the City of Toronto is best served with 47 wards delivering fair and equal representation for everyone.
I, for one, will not stand for this hasty and undemocratic decision to slash our access to fair and honest municipal representation. I was born and raised in this community and I am committed to continuing the campaign we started in May and to representing Etobicoke-Lakeshore with inclusivity and transparency.
Here are a couple of ways you can help in this fight:
- Call, email, or tag on social media to tell them how you feel:
- Premier Doug Ford 416.325.1941, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: @fordnation
- Local MPP Christine Hogarth 416.259.2249, email@example.com, Twitter: @CHogarthPC
- Minister of Municipal Affairs, MPP Steve Clark 416-585-7000, firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: @SteveClarkPC,
- Ward 6 Councillor, Mark Grimes 416-397-9273, email@example.com Twitter: @Mark_Grimes
- Donate, volunteer or take a sign for the #Morewithmorley campaign
Let them all know that, in Etobicoke-Lakeshore and across this city, representation matters.
Amber Morley #MoreWithMorley
City Council candidate, Etobicoke-Lakeshore